Saturday, May 1, 2010

Year of Change?

I feel older today. I feel like an adult. There isn't really a reason behind it. I just feel more mature. I'm probably losing it.

This year has been a year of revelation and decisions. I'm growing in the things of God and my mind is becoming more focused on what I desire to do. Leading worship is incredible and pouring into the lives of teenagers is an amazing experience. I love being able to teach young musicians how to play together as a team. Granted I've just started doing that and I'm still learning some thing myself, but it is so fun taking their talent and focusing it into something greater.

My focus right now is on becoming who I must become in order to achieve what I MUST achieve. The more I pursue God, the greater the urgency that grows inside of me to see this generation arise and become the power packed people I know they can be. As a result I'm kind of losing touch with the world around me. Friendships have kind of lost their value. I've never been one to have many friends and right now I feel like I'm losing the few I have. I just can't give them the attention they deserve. I'm pretty busy and the spare time do have I find myself only longing to get in the presence of God.

I suppose it's normal as we grow up for our peer group to change. People are always moving in different directions. I just wish I was one of those people that could have the same group of friends for an extended period of time. But I'm not. Maybe I'm too weird, or maybe I'm just a jerk.

My life goal this week is to be obedient to God. As a new worship leader I've been too caught up with trying to figure out how to get these kids to worship that I've been trying to force an encounter with God. I've been learning that it isn't about trying to IMPACT them but obedience to God. Through my obedience God will be able to impact them.

That's enough writing for one day. If I wrote my entire mind, this would be too long for anyone to ever even consider investing their time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment